Journal 1- Not all days are good days.

This session was very important, today I got my first supervisor visit. When he told me that he was going to do the class observation, I was worry because the course he chose for doing the observation is a course very obnoxious and they are a truly challenge for me.
When I arrived to the classroom, my supervisor was in the door, we enter together, and then I said “Hello” to students, but they were very noisy, even when I started to call the list. When I finished one student asked me about a quiz they did last class, so I decided to hand in the quizzes, but it was a bad idea.  Then, students started to walk around the classroom, they were talking loudly and when I tried to take the control of the class for doing the feedback, I couldn’t.
I was nervous, and really worry because my supervisor was there and I felt so bad, I was angry with those boys, but I was really angry with myself because I knew what I have done wrong. After, I tried to make students started to work, but I talked and talked, and most of them were not paying attention. Some students were stood up, talking, screaming and playing, it was a messy! I do not find words for describing what I was feeling, I was deep on my thoughts when suddenly, my supervisor stood up, raised his hand and when the students saw him, miraculously they got quiet. Jorge, my supervisor, talked to students about their bad behavior, and after that I could continue with the class, they worked, but just around 10 minutes after that, the bell rang.
When the class finished, my supervisor left the classroom and he told me, “Relax, calm down. On Friday we can talk better”. I was very upset, I felt so bad, I was really frustrated and I was only thinking on my bad supervisor’s impression.

I reflected a lot about this session, and what I identified my mistakes:

  • I concluded that call the list at the beginning of the class take out many minutes of the class.
  • My big mistake was handed out the quizzes.
  • I started the class when students were talking. 



Comentarios

Entradas populares